PIRSA Food is the government arm of the food industry. The team is responsible for the following key areas in the food industry.
- South Australian Food Strategy 2010-2015 was developed as a result of extensive consultation with numerous stakeholders within industry and Government. The recommendations of Thinker in Residence, Professor Andrew Fearne, were considered and embedded within the Strategy.
- ScoreCards are developed which analyse and report on industry benchmarks and performance.
- Food Markets and Consumers - Increased access to, and more importantly, interpretation and assessment of consumer and market information has the potential to be a continuous driver of SA business competitiveness. Adelaide Thinker in Residence Professor Andrew Fearne recognised this in his final report, recommending the need for ongoing development in consumer and market insight to assist industry address this key area.
- Value Chains introduce and foster a consumer driven value chain approach with industries/enterprises that are looking for improvement opportunities. The team develops and maintains strong relationships with industry, regional and Government stakeholders throughout the value chain.
- Visit: PIRSA Food
Food SA is the State's peak industry body, and aims to grow value and opportunities for members and industry through key services and programs.
- Membership of Food SA offers industry an exceptional range of benefits which can help grow the value of your business and drive success, and is available in a number of entry levels.
- A Directory of Food SA members, for buyers to support the South Australian food industry, find a local provider and source products and ingredients.
- Food SA's Guide to ... is a collection of valuable information on consumers, customers, distribution, processing & manufacturing, growing & producing, innovation and business fundamentals.
- Foodies discover the high quality, abundant, diverse, and fresh food in SA with information on local markets, trails, blogs and recipes.
- The South Australian Food Industry Awards recognise outstanding achievement in the South Australian food industry and reward businesses and individuals that have demonstrated vision, leadership and excellence in their field.
- Discover the latest News and Events from Food SA.
- Visit: Food SA